Basic knowledge of lithium-ion batteries
1、Construction of lithium ion battery
1. Cathode material: transition metal compound containing lithium
2. Anode material: carbon material
3, isolation film: PP, PE class
4. Electrolyte: organic electrolyte containing lithium salt
5, packaging: flexible packaging, steel shell, aluminum shell
2、How lithium-ion batteries work
Lithium ions travel around the positive and negative poles. This travel process is characterized by battery discharge or charging.
The first charge and discharge process of the battery is called battery activation: the SEI layer formed on the surface of the positive and negative materials constitutes a stable interface.
Remove most impurities
Form a stable electrochemical system
The activation process consumes part of the energy and forms part of the irreversible capacity.
The quality of the SEI layer largely determines the quality of the battery.
Environmental impact: 30-40 degrees performance is best, >50 degree attenuation is accelerated
1, storage conditions, 50% state of charge storage (single cell), can not be stored in the full power state of 4.2V for a long time
2, test conditions, temperature: 25 ° C ± 5 ° C; relative humidity: 25% ~ 85%
3, the battery should be stored to avoid short circuit
4. Do not place the battery near a heat source or expose it to sunlight for a long time. The rise in temperature will shorten the battery life.
5, charging requirements, should use the manufacturer's approved charger and charging procedures. Improper charging can cause the battery to heat up or be damaged.
Charge using "CCCV" or constant current and constant voltage. Make sure that the maximum charging voltage of each single battery is 4.25V. It is strictly forbidden to reverse the battery (positive and negative terminals), and the battery should be connected in an appropriate way. Floating is strictly prohibited.
6. Each battery should be discharged at less than 2.75V.
7. Do not short the battery. The short circuit of the battery will cause the battery to heat up, which will cause a fire. A short circuit in the battery will cause the temperature of the battery and the wire connector to rise and avoid direct contact with it to prevent burns.
8. Do not bend or fold the battery or the battery partially, and do not tear off the sealant. This will damage the battery, which will cause the battery to rise, leak, and catch fire.
9. Do not disassemble the battery. If the battery is inadvertently squeezed, causing the contents to leak, you must wear rubber gloves. Avoid inhaling the leaking gas.
10, other matters needing attention
Avoid contact with damaged or broken battery materials.
Injury to the eyes: Immediately flush the eyes with water and soap for not less than 15 minutes, and promptly receive medical treatment.
Injury the skin: rinse immediately with water and soap.
Inhalation of gas: Fresh air should be taken immediately and promptly treated by a doctor.
Ingestion: Immediately receive medical attention from a doctor.
Keep the battery out of the reach of children.
Do not heat the battery or throw it into a fire, water or other liquid.
Do not put the battery in a microwave, washing machine or dryer.
Do not place the battery in the oven.
Do not use a damaged battery.